Abstract submission has now closed. All authors have been notified of the status of the abstract. If you submitted an abstract before the deadline and have not received notification, contact email@example.com.
The Scientific Committee of the 5th Africa Conference on Sexual Health and Rights is pleased to invite Abstracts (oral presentations and posters) exploring the overall theme of the conference – “Sexual Health and Rights in Africa – Where Are We?” and through the following sub-themes:
- Adolescent and Youth Sexuality
- Women’s and Girls Sexuality
- Disabilities and Sexual Rights
- Sexual Rights and Sex Work
- HIV/AIDS and Sexuality
- Sexuality, Culture and Religion
- Sexual and Reproductive Rights (Legal, Policy and Programme Issues- financing, equity, access, implementation, enforcement and redress)
- Sexual Orientation, Sexual/Gender Identity and Sexual and Reproductive Rights
- Capacity building and Knowledge Management
1. 15-minute oral presentations (10 minutes presentation + 5 minutes for questions).
2. 5 minute oral poster presentations (3 minutes for presentation + 2 minutes for questions).
Authors may choose among the following abstract formats:
- Standard format (Introduction and objectives, Method(s), Results and Conclusion).
- Qualitative Research Studies (Introduction, Method(s), Findings and discussion, Recommendations and References)
- Experiential & Practice Samples (Introduction, Action. Outcome, Discussion, Recommendations and References).
- Historical Survey (Introduction, Approach, Findings and discussions and References).
Abstracts Submission & Evaluation Criteria
- Abstracts should be submitted for poster and podium presentations.
- All abstracts must be submitted online at www.africasexuality.org/abstract/openconf.php
- Abstracts can be submitted in English, French or Portuguese.
- Abstracts will be printed as submitted. It is the author’s responsibility to submit the abstract in the correct order with no spelling or grammar errors.
- Abstracts that are not received in the proper format will not be considered for review by the Scientific Committee.
- The Abstract should include a summary of not more than 200 words and an extended abstract of 2-3 pages (Arial font 11, spacing 1.5).
- The abstract should provide as much relevant information as possible and should follow the one of the 4 formats highlighted above.
- The title should be in capital letters.
- For multiple submissions, consistency in authors’ names should be maintained to avoid duplication in the Author index of the final Program.
- The presenting author’s name should be listed first and underlined.
- Authors must indicate the name of the funders (if any) of research being presented.
- Authors must disclose any potential conflict of interest for their research.
- PowerPoint presentations using a PC data projector will be the standard method of visual data presentation.
- Authors should indicate whether they prefer a podium or poster presentation.
- The final decision on the presentation format will be made by the Scientific Committee.
- Receipt of all abstracts will be acknowledged by e-mail.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Proceedings, online and may be reproduced in relevant scientific journals.
- Submitted Abstracts will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
For further information and questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2012